Sunday, February 20, 2011

I've created a monster!


I've been with my epically awesome girlfriend, Katie for a little over a year now, and I have no doubt that I want to spend the rest of my life with her.  While this is a few years away as both of us are focusing on our careers,  I wanted to get an idea of what kind of ring she wanted me to get her.  I don't know a lot about jewelry, nor do I care much about it, so I needed her advice, but wanted to get it now, so that when I do pop the question once we're settled, I would know what I was looking for and she can be completely caught off guard.  Not surprising, she has amazing taste and likes antique style, ornate rings like this Le Vian white gold with Chocolate diamonds.
While now I feel like I am on the right track, a beast has risen in my girl.  I have gotten about 500 pictures of rings in the last few months, and it doesn't bother me as much as it does her.  She DOES NOT like feeling like the typical ring crazy girl.  I think she feels like a foreign being has taken over her body and mind, and is mildly embarassed.  I can't help but tease her though and now she thinks I'm playing games with her.  I assure you, Sig Style Nation, I am not.  I want to spend my life with this girl, I just need a few more years to get her a ring I find fitting of my bride...that also fits into my budget, so I'll just try to make her feel amazing in every other way until I make this thing official.

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you...not only for asking me to marry you and giving me the most beautiful ring I've ever seen, but also for giving me back at least 3 hours of my week that I would have spent scouring the internet obsessing over rings!

    ReplyDelete