Sunday, February 6, 2011

If Knowing is Half the Battle, Dressing is the Other Half!

Something compelled me on Netflix Instant Watch today, to fire up the G.I. Joe movie.  I think starting season 3 of Doctor Who, had me mildly wistful for Christopher Eccleston.  Many people criticized this movie, and I could not figure out why.  It's exactly what a G.I. Joe movie should have been, crazy action scenes involving crazy weaponry, wielded by unimaginably attractive people.  What I had forgotten about was how well the villains and even some of the Joes in this film were dressed.  The two standouts though are Eccleston's Destro and Byung-hun Le's Storm Shadow.

Destro's slim frame is draped in dark three piece pinstripe.  The pin in his tie to me looks like a modernization of Dracula's medallion, he just looks sinister.
I had trouble finding a picture of Storm Shadow in his white trench coat to go along with the white suit, which in the film was also a three piece.  Even Storm Shadow's battle attire was high fashion, that coat looks like it would be extremely effective battling the harsh winter I've been experiencing.  It was hard to root against this cat, looking so fucking sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment