Friday, February 11, 2011

Cinematic Style

The Brothers Bloom
Rian Johnson's 2008 film is an orgy of style.  Vests, ascots and bowlers.  I'm sold.
The film's style is emphasized by simplicity, the brothers themselves played by Mark Ruffallo and Adrian Brody wear no color in the entirety of the film, strictly black and white.



The lady's of the film deserve mention as well because rarely does women's fashion hit my radar, I find a woman sexiest in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, but Rachel Wiess and Rinko Kikuchi go toe to toe with the boys in this one.


The film as a whole is a ton of fun, and while any film with characters dressed like this is immediately going to get a few extra stars from me, I highly recommend this film.  I'm excited about Rian Johnson, who previously made Brick, another spectacular film.  

No comments:

Post a Comment