Wednesday, January 19, 2011

His Mutant Ability is Looking Fucking Dapper...Hers...

The LA Times online posted pictures from Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class.  I'm intrigued by the look of the film, stylistically.  Kevin Bacon looks stellar as Sebastian Shaw.  And holy shit... January Jones as Emma Frost.  Yes, please!
The fashion is subtle, when I heard it was taking place in the 60's I was worried characters were going to look like Austin Powers, and I think Bacon's wardrobe walks just up to the line, but the muted colors keep him from crossing it, and the simple style of the rest of the cast keep Bacon and Jones' outfits grounded.  I'm a huge fan of the X-Men as well as Vaughn as a director (Layer Cake will certainly be discussed here at some point) so I'm for sure looking forward to this one.
By the way, this study makes me wildly envious, I plan to have a room just like this some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment