Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dress Like a Man of the Year

GQ's recent Men of the Year issue named designer Simon Spurr as one of the designers of the year.  Along with sharing my tastes and limited knowledge with you, I am also always trying to find new fashion both in and out of my price range.  I'm all about dressing well without spending a lot, I'm the middle class Chuck Bass, but sometimes, i can't help but share something I assume I'll never be able to afford.  These suits fall into that category.


A plaid suit is definitely on my list of things I need, but the two suits above are making it hard for me to decide how large the gingham should be.   I'm torn.  They both grab attention.

The three piece grey suit is my favorite look right now, I just bought a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece 3 piece suit from a thrift store recently, and have yet to wear it, this picture makes me want to change that immediately...as well as invest in driving gloves.


Is anyone else compelled to buy an umbrella?   I think it just got added to my "things i need" list.
There's something about a three piece suit that just screams classic and timeless to me, and the fact that you can remove the jacket and still have more than just a shirt and tie on, is appealing to me.  Roger Sterling is a far superior dresser than Don Draper in my opinion.
All images from Simon Spurr's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment